Official Rules Kayak Division 2017 BD Outdoors Yellowtail Shootout Presented by Costa and OEX June 23 – 25, 2017
1. It is the registered participant’s responsibility to read and fully understand the rules before the start of the Tournament. It is the responsibility of the participant to fish within the Tournament Rules. Any breach of these rules by participant will result in disqualification from the tournament.
2. The Entry Fee for the kayak division of the Yellowtail Tournament is $75 USD, paid in full by June 16, 2017. After June 16, 2017, the registration fee will be $100 including registering at the captains meeting. There will be a maximum of one (1) Angler per kayak.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AFTER JUNE 16, 2017
It is the participants responsibility to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a refund before June 16, 2017.
3. Captains Meeting – Participant must report to the mandatory Captains Meeting on Friday, June 23, 2017 between 6:00PM – 8:00PM PDT for final registration and check in.
The Captains Meeting will be held at:
Dana Landing Market and Fuel Dock
San Diego, CA 92109
Participants must submit final registration information including jackpots before 8:00PM PDT on June 23, 2017 at the Captains Meeting.
Failure to check in before the end of the captains meeting at 8:00PM PDT will result in immediate disqualification and no refund will be issued for any reason.
The Tournament Committee reserves the right to refuse entry or remove any person or team at any time at their sole discretion.
4. Tournament kayak may depart from La Jolla Beach Launch, Mission Bay, San Diego Bay, Oceanside Harbor, Dana Point Harbor or Newport Harbor. Beach Launch only.
5. Start of Tournament – Lines-in shall be Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 5:00AM PDT.
6. Making Bait – Bait fishing is allowed before lines-in. No other lure, jig, or line specifically rigged for any gamefish is allowed in the water before lines-in. Any yellowtail or jackpot fish by-catch must be released.
7. Weigh-in – All fish must be weighed at an official tournament weight station at Dana Landing Fuel Dock between 2:00PM and 6:00PM PDT on the tournament day. ANY FISH CAUGHT BUT NOT WEIGHED IN BY 6:00PM PDT TOURNAMENT DAY SHALL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN.
The Weight Rules are as follows:
• Each kayak division participant may weigh up to three yellowtail, limit of white sea bass
• Kayak division Fish must be brought to the scales by walk up directly after leaving kayak launch
• Boats and Kayak Anglers lined up to weigh will be served in the order in which they arrive
• Fish must arrive at the dock in whole edible condition
• The Captain must remain with the fish throughout the weigh-in process
• The weigh time will be recorded when the tournament official is handed the official camera during the participants turn to weigh fish. This time will be used to break any ties in fish weight with other participants. (see Rule 9)
• Before leaving the scales, the angler must verify weight information and sign the official Weigh-In Slip
8. Cameras – In order to maintain tournament integrity each participant will be given an Official Tournament Camera. Upon kayak launch on dry ground, a photograph must be taken with the participant and kayak in the same photo. At the end of fishing a picture with the participant, the kayak and the fish to be weighted in the picture at the kayak launch (on land) before putting the kayak or gear away.
Upon weighing in, the Official Tournament Camera must be returned at the tournament weigh-in location.
Participants will be subject to disqualification if the camera rules are not followed correctly.
Cameras containing winning fish will be developed before payouts are given. No payouts will be given until the BD Outdoors Yellowtail Shootout Committee has picture verification and/or a polygraph test is completed.
9. Tie-Breaker Rule – If there are two or more individual fish having identical weights, the first fish brought to the dock and weighed will be awarded the higher place should both fish be in top prize spots. The Dana Landing weigh station will be equipped with a digital clock to record the time on the weigh slip.
10. Weight determination – Fish weight will be calculated by the single heaviest fish per kayak participant. A maximum of 3 yellowtail per person can be weighed to determine heaviest fish in bag. A single limit of white sea bass can be weighed separate of the 3 yellowtail.
11. Biggest Fish – The single heaviest fish will qualify for the Kayak Division Biggest Fish optional jackpot if the participant is entered in the jackpot before the tournament starts.
12. Purse – Purse shall be paid to the winning kayak participant with the heaviest Yellowtail.
PLACE CASH PRIZES
1st Place $800 + Prizes TBD
2nd Place $400 + Prizes TBD
3rd Place $200 + Prizes TBD
13. Optional Jackpots – There will be two (2) separate optional side team jackpots of $25 Kayak Biggest Fish and $25 Kayak By-Catch White Sea Bass. Participation in the jackpots is available to all interested participants, but is NOT mandatory. The Side Jackpots are WINNER TAKE ALL format. Jackpots are 85% payback. If no qualifying fish are caught, 85% of that jackpot’s fees will be returned to the participating captain’s. Side Jackpot fees may be paid in advance with Entry Fee or paid at the Captains Meeting with no penalty fees. If paying the jackpot fees at the Captains Meeting, one MUST pay by cash, cashier’s check (payable to BD Outdoors, LLC) or credit card.
14. All anglers must have a valid California and/or Mexican fishing license and observe ALL California and Mexican fishing regulations.
15. IGFA rules will apply in the Tournament unless specifically modified in this document. IGFA rules are incorporated herein by reference.
16. The use of spear guns, harpoons, entangling devices or firearms is prohibited. Use of spotter planes or contact with commercial fishing vessels is prohibited.
17. Boundaries – The fishing boundaries shall be within 100 nautical miles of the Point Loma Lighthouse. Beach launch only, no boats allowed.
18. In the event of rough seas or weather, the Tournament may be postponed until conditions permit and at the discretion of the “Tournament Committee”. In the event that the fishing must be postponed, the After Party will go on at its regular date of June 25, 2017.
19. Accepting fish or bait from another source, boat or otherwise, live or dead, is prohibited. The only exception being commercial bait boats or bait barges.
20. Weighing fish caught during non-tournament days and/or placing any foreign substance/object inside a weighed fish shall be automatic grounds for disqualification from the Tournament.
Any anglers attempting to defraud the tournament will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of California law.
21. Any intent of protesting a violation of the Tournament Rules must be made in writing to the Tournament Committee on the day of the alleged violation. If there is any disagreement, controversy or necessary clarification of any tournament rules, the final decision will be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Committee.
22. No one under 18 years of age may participate in the tournament.
23. The Tournament Committee or BDOutdoors LLC is not responsible for the actions, of any persons in the operation boats or kayaks, conduct of fishing endeavors, transfer of personnel, fishing equipment or personal property on or off boats, docks or otherwise. Each participant assumes all risk and liabilities in connection with their participation. There will be no responsibility borne to any of the promoters, event organizers or sponsors as a result of inappropriate conduct by any of the participants or guests and that each individual participant will hold harmless The Tournament
Committee and BDOutdoors LLC.
24. Polygraph Examination – All registered participants agree to submit to a polygraph examination if requested to do so by the Tournament Committee. Failure to comply will result in the disqualification of the participant. Disqualified participants forfeit any and all entry money, prizes, prize money or jackpot money, and are refused entry to future BD Outdoors tournaments. The decision of the Tournament Committee is final.
25. Cash Awards – Prize payouts will be made payable to the participant only. Prize checks will only be paid upon receipt of:
1) Proof of identification 2) Copy of social security card or Taxpayer ID number and 3) A completed IRS Form W4 or applicable IRS form from each of the requested payees.
All payments will be made within 30 days of end of tournament.
26.Raffle – The after-party raffle is for anglers of the BD Outdoors Yellowtail Shootout only. Only 1 raffle ticket per angler per team will be given at the After Party. Angler must be present at the After Party to participate.
27. Infringement of these rules shall be considered cause for disqualification. FINAL interpretation of these rules shall be left exclusively to the Tournament Committee.
For any questions related to the tournament rules, contact email@example.com